Sunday, September 17, 2017

Positioning

My schedule allows me to stay up at ungodly hours. Well, at least I thought it did. I was rudely reminded a few days ago that my sleep schedule was not ideal for my schedule after all. As I was rushing to the car, tripping over my shorts I was hurriedly stringing through my legs, I muttered, "Every second I waste not being in class is money down the drain."

Funny how the most ridiculous things come out of your mouth when your mind is slowly waking up to an unsavory situation. It was my fault entirely for allowing myself this terrible habit of staying up past midnight, but I do it regardless of health or logic. The night is peaceful, and I feel it is only during these times that I can truly relax, and spend time writing pointless blog posts. My own personal blog has not seen a new post in a while, so I was planning on writing one tonight, but as I looked at the last few posts on my blog I noticed that they had only about a dozen views shared among themselves. I'll admit it. I was very sad to be reminded of my blog's lack of readership. It is the painful truth. Who cares about the blog of a normal young man doing normal young man things?

After that sad episode, I recalled a fellow NIMM loungist posted his thoughts here not too long ago. I planned on reading it, but was shocked to find it missing from the website! Apparently, he thought his post was too good for the eyes of his fellow brothers! Well, little does he know that I actually bothered to subscribe to the blog when we first made it a few years ago. So, it means I had a copy of the post sitting in my email the very moment he published it. I finally got around to reading it tonight. It was a sweet post, to say the most. Just a simple summary of the important things happening in his life. I personally find these things to be fascinating, yet I couldn't help but notice the slight sadness to the overall tone of the post.

Although the post answered many questions, it brought just as many new ones. Indeed, being friends when such a large gap of land and water exists between us is difficult, to say the least. When I first left the Homeland, I hoped that our bond would prove stronger than space and time. I was naive. But what is wrong with being naive? Why not allow those naive thoughts some room to be true? Open your door, free your time, and allow the fellowship to continue. We are only as busy as we desire, and we are only as free as we desire. One of my professors said something I agree with in a most definite sense, "We make time for what is most important to us. Be it family, work, and alone time." Let's be in control of our own schedules. We always have been!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yup good ole subscribe button. I was just as shocked, but it also sits in my mail. ;}

    Couldn't agree with you more. We all have the same opportunity to fill our 24hrs in the way we want. No excuses. No sorrys. Thank you for this. Love you, Missignomer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.... I loved all the posts that have been on here!! Never delete.... what would I do then when I am homesick and needing broski thoughts.... chin up, the best ideas come at night......

    ReplyDelete